It is time for me to stream Mario Kart 8 Deluxe once again. I recently mentioned that the update was coming, but now it is here. It seems that my daughter and I have a tradition, where we stream Mario Kart 8, each time Nintendo releases a new DLC pack for the game. As one might expect, the game has been patched and you can now play the new tracks, with three new characters.
We will stream this update too. To date, we have streamed the game four times.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update version 2.4.0 patch notes
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 5 (two cups, eight courses, and three characters).
- Improved the performance of some characters and vehicle customizations.
- Adjusted the invincibility time of some characters.
- Adjusted random item selection method in races where Custom Items is set, for when there are four players or less.
- Expanded range for when a warning displays when a Red Shell or Spiny Shell approaches from behind.
- Made it so that warnings about a Red Shell or Spiny Shell will be displayed with priority over other warnings.
- Made it so that a warning is not displayed when a Red Shell is targeting opponents.
- Made it so that L/R button operation on the class selection screen and course selection screen in the Grand Prix can be conducted on touchscreen as well.
- Lowered the appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc races in Worldwide and Regional settings.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurs when a character catches a boomerang at the same time that a Boo brings an item.
- Fixed an issue where, when equipping an item and catching a boomerang at the same time, the player could not throw that item.
- Fixed an issue where the graph for the Mii Heavy weight class’s parameters didn’t match the actual abilities.
- Fixed an issue where a warning would not appear when an opponent used a Bullet Bill in online matches.
- Made it so the kart doesn’t spin or crash when running into an obstruction if the player uses a Super Star, Bullet Bill or Boo at that same time.
- Fixed an issue where the kart would get stuck between a cliff and small mushroom and be unable to move in Wii Mushroom Gorge.
- Fixed an issue where the player would go off the course when transformed as Bullet Bill right in front of the goal in GBA Riverside Park.